Eureka, I’ve finally done it. I’ve finally perfected my Filipino chicken and pork adobo recipe.
• 5 to 6 chicken drumsticks
• 1 pound of pork belly or pork loin (cut up into 2-inch pieces)
• 1 cup of distilled vinegar
• 1/2 cup of Filipino soy sauce (not Kikoman which is so much saltier!)
• 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
• 12 garlic cloves
• 4 bay leaves
• 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
• 1/2 cup of chicken stock
• pepper to taste
Step 1: Boil pork in a pot of water for 30 to 45 minutes.
Step 2: Heat oil in a deep pan. Fry chicken and season with pepper on both sides until brown.
Step 3: Mix vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and brown sugar in a bowl. Add to chicken.
Step 4: Add bay leaves and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes, flipping chicken one time to cook through evenly.
Step 5: As sauce reduces, add chicken stock and pork (discard pork water). Cook for 20 more minutes, flipping chicken and pork to get an even coating of sauce. Lower heat to a simmer when sauce thickens.
Perfection, guys, perfection!