I’ve never made a puréed soup before, but since becoming a mom and preparing Lucy’s food (all steamed, then blended), I was inspired to make a butternut squash soup!
- 1 large butternut squash (about 1 1/2-2 pounds), large diced
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tsp. grated ginger
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth, or water
- 1 can 14 oz. coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step 1: Steam butternut squash. Heat oil to medium in a large pot. Add onion. Cook until transparent.
Step 2: Add steamed butternut squash, apple, broth or water, curry powder, ginger and nutmeg to the pot.
Step 4: Return to pot and add coconut milk. Summer for 10-15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste, and serve.