When Jesse’s Aunt Karen shared this recipe with us, I have to admit I was skeptical. I am all about the rice, but a rice substitute? Hmmm… But we tried it anyway and it was pretty tasty.
I tweaked it slightly to be Whole 30 compliant.
- 1 head of cauliflower, minced with a food processor (I used my beloved Ninja Express Chopper)
- 1 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil (if you’re not on Whole 30, vegetable oil is fine)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of frozen carrots
- 1/3 cup of frozen peas
- 1/3 cup of frozen corn
- 1/2 tbsp. of sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. of coconut amino (if you’re not on Whole 30, soy sauce it up)
- 2 stalks of scallions, green parts only, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step 1: Mince the cauliflower into little pebbles that almost resemble rice. Chop onions. Mince garlic. Scramble eggs in a bowl. Set aside.
I’m not going to lie, REAL fried rice is better and ACTUAL soy sauce is just sooo damn good, but if you’re trying to be healthy, this is a close alternative.